- Zero-configuration setup. There is no need for a database administrator or to change settings to set up a production-ready node. Administration, crash recovery, troubleshooting all happens automatically with a hypervisor built into the system. Unlike other databases, which have a high initial configuration cost, you only need to start our system and let it go.
- Schema-free configuration. You don’t need to know anything about time-series databases, or even databases in general, to efficiently use our system. When you write data into our system, it automatically creates or updates the schema for that data if required. Manifest typing allows you to change data types on the fly just by writing data with a new type. The system’s hypervisor automatically optimizes your data and schema for maximum performance.
- High availability and automatic rollover. Writing to any node in a cluster will make that data available to all nodes within a cluster to eliminate single points of failure. If a node goes down, when it comes back online, its hypervisor will automatically update its copy of the database to the latest version with minimal communication between itself and the other nodes. System failures are handled automatically and silently.
- Scalable. A single node can handle millions of trends, write millions of data points written per second, and read tens to hundreds of millions of data points in the same second. Data stored on disk is stored in a proprietary real-time compressed data format. Advanced signal processing improves compression ratios by 30% to 70%.
- Embeddable. Our system is written in portable C++, and can run on different platforms such as IoT devices.
- Data traffic between nodes is encrypted and compressed for minimal network traffic.
- Real-time and historical data acquisition. Our system can automatically connect to and ingest data from different types of data source in a real-time mode or a batch-read mode. Incoming data can automatically trigger configurable alarms and events. Batch and historical writes can be out of order.
- Powerful calculation engine. Create advanced queries with a simple yet powerful query language that supports multiple trends in a single query and aggregations.